FRSC Salary Structure – The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) plays a crucial role in road safety management in Nigeria. Established in 1988, this government agency is responsible for safeguarding the well-being of road users across the country. Alongside enforcing traffic regulations, issuing drivers’ licenses, and registering vehicles, the FRSC ensures the safety and security of Nigerian roads. In this article, we will delve into the FRSC salary structure to provide insights into the earnings of its personnel.
FRSC Salary Structure
The salary structure of the FRSC is based on the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS), which is also employed by other paramilitary agencies in Nigeria. The remuneration of FRSC officers is determined by their rank and level within the agency.
Outlined below is the FRSC salary structure, categorized by ranks:
- Assistant Route Commander: ₦167,478 – ₦197,836 per month
- Route Commander: ₦220,241 – ₦245,743 per month
- Superintendent Route Commander: ₦261,654 – ₦293,875 per month
- Chief Route Commander: ₦349,589 – ₦429,055 per month
- Deputy Route Commander: ₦473,071 – ₦551,620 per month
- Assistant Corps Commander: ₦550,155 – ₦619,311 per month
- Deputy Corps Commander: ₦673,572 – ₦751,788 per month
- Corps Commander: ₦888,956 – ₦988,991 per month
- Assistant Corps Marshal: ₦1,073,217 – ₦1,252,038 per month
- Deputy Corps Marshal: ₦1,405,449 – ₦1,555,984 per month
- Corps Marshal: ₦1,966,281 – ₦2,293,697 per month
Note: The figures provided above represent approximate salary ranges and are subject to review and revision over time.
Other Benefits and Allowances
In addition to the basic salary structure, FRSC officers enjoy various benefits and allowances as part of their remuneration package. These include:
- Transport Allowance: Provided to cater to officers’ transportation needs.
- Hazard Allowance: Given to officers involved in hazardous operations or duties.
- Rent Subsidy: Aimed at supporting officers’ housing requirements.
- Meal Subsidy: Allocated to meet officers’ feeding needs.
- Leave Allowance: Granted to officers during their periods of leave.
- Medical Allowance: Provided to address officers’ medical expenses.
- Furniture Allowance: Allocated to cater to officers’ furniture needs.
It is important to note that the aforementioned benefits and allowances contribute to the overall remuneration package of FRSC officers, enhancing their welfare and quality of life.
As with any salary structure, it is crucial to remain updated with any revisions or changes that may occur. Please bear in mind that the salary figures presented here are subject to review and may be updated periodically.
The salary structure reflects the importance of the agency’s work in ensuring road safety and underscores the value placed on its dedicated personnel. By offering competitive compensation and additional benefits, the FRSC aims to attract and retain qualified individuals who are committed to their responsibilities.
For further information and detailed inquiries regarding the FRSC salary structure, it is advisable to consult official FRSC sources or visit their website at www.frsc.gov.ng.