Palmpay POS Machine – The POS business has become a popular choice for many educated young Nigerians who are still seeking white or blue-collar jobs. While white-collar jobs may be desirable, the Palmpay POS business offers an opportunity to become a “mini-bank” for your neighborhood. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Palmpay POS terminal in Nigeria for withdrawals, transfers, deposits, bill payments, and more.
Why Choose Palmpay?
- No minimum float balance requirement.
- Free branding of your space with banners and flyers.
- Weekly commission payments instead of monthly.
- Licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria, ensuring safety and reliability.
Requirements to Apply for a Palmpay POS in Nigeria
- Familiarity with the transaction patterns and user interface of the PalmPartner app.
- A physical space that is not in close proximity to other Palmpay agents.
- A valid identification document (e.g., international passport, voter’s card, NIN, or driver’s license).
- Utility bill (e.g., electricity bill, water bill, waste bill, rent receipt).
- Valid bank account number.
How to Request a PalmPay POS Machine
- Download the PalmPartner app from iOS or Android Playstore.
- Complete the application form within the app.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Upload the required documents.
- Submit the application.
- Expect a call from the PalmPay team within 7 days. Alternatively, visit PalmPay’s Lagos address for quick enrollment and setup.
Application Fee for a PalmPay POS Machine in Nigeria
The PalmPay application is free of charge. However, a caution fee of N20,000 is required for the ordinary PalmPay POS and N30,000 for the Android device.
PalmPay POS Charges and Commission Structure
PalmPay POS charges and commission structures vary based on the transaction volume conducted through the terminal. A detailed breakdown is given below;
- Airtime top-up: 3% of the amount.
- Bank transfers: N10 fee for any amount.
- Bill payments: Free of charge, allowing you to set your own fees.
- Successful referral: N200 commission.
PalmPay Support/Customer Care
- Call the PalmPay office at 017005700 (Nigeria) or 0800725644 (Ghana).
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Visit the Nigerian office at 20, Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos, open Monday to Friday from 8 am to 7 pm, Saturdays and public holidays from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Visit the Ghana office (Transsnet Payments Ghana Ltd) at 54 Senchi Street, Airport Residential Area, Accra, open Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, Saturdays and public holidays from 8 am to 5 pm.
PalmPay POS Agent FAQs
Can I apply for a Palmpay POS in Nigeria?
Yes, you can apply for a Palmpay POS in Nigeria by downloading the PalmPartner app and completing the application process.
What are the requirements to apply for a Palmpay POS?
The requirements include familiarity with the PalmPartner app, a physical space away from other Palmpay agents, a valid identification document, utility bill, and a valid bank account number.
How much does it cost to apply for a Palmpay POS machine?
The application for a Palmpay POS is free, but there is a caution fee of N20,000 for the ordinary POS and N30,000 for the Android device.
What are the charges and commissions for Palmpay POS transactions?
Palmpay charges 3% for airtime top-up, N10 for bank transfers, and bill payments are free. You can set your own fees for bill payments. Successful referrals earn a commission of N200.
How can I contact Palmpay customer support?
You can call Palmpay at 017005700 (Nigeria) or 0800725644 (Ghana). You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their offices in Lagos, Nigeria, and Accra, Ghana. Office hours and addresses are provided on their website.