Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment – The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) has officially announced its 2023 Recruitment Exercise. This presents a great opportunity for eligible Nigerians to join the NIS and serve their country. In this blog post, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding the NIS recruitment process, including the general requirements and academic qualifications.
General Requirements for Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
To be eligible for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Nigerian Citizenship: Applicants must be Nigerian citizens either by birth or descent.
- Age Limit: Candidate must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years for non-tradesmen women while tradesmen women must be between the ages of 18 – 26years by 1st June 2023.
- Height and Chest Measurement: Male applicants must have a minimum height of 1.7 meters, while female applicants must have a minimum height of 1.64 meters. The fully expanded chest measurement should not be less than 0.87 meters.
- Physical and Mental Fitness: Applicants must be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment into the Service. They should not suffer from any form of mental or physical disability.
- Good Character: Applicants must possess good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offense
Candidates with the following medical conditions are advised not to apply:
- Sight problem
- Hearing difficulties
- Previous major orthopedic operation
- Flat foot
- Fracture, stammering, or any other natural disability
- Pregnant women
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Academic Qualifications
Applicants must meet one of the following academic qualifications:
A. West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with at least three (3) credits, including English, and passes in two (2) other subjects. Or National Examination Council (NECO) or General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings, including English Language.
B. National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution, National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution, or General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) with passes in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.
- Passport size photograph
- Birth Certificate / Declaration of age.
How to Apply for Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
To apply for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment, follow these steps:
- Visit the official NIS website at www.nisportal.ng.
- Register a new account with a valid and functional email account.
- Enter your 6 digits email validation code as in the Application Start Menu to confirm.
- A verification link would be sent to your email/phone number.
- Login to email/sms and click on the verification link or copy the verification code provide to complete sign-up.
- Once account is activated, next step is to login and complete your application form.
- Upload & Add your profile (This will require a passport photo and your biography as in your curriculum vitae).
- Upload & Add your qualifications (WASSCE, and other certificates are entered here).
- Upload/Edit supporting Documents (Attach your Certificates here). THE NEXT OPTION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL ALL ABOVE STEPS HAVE BEEN TAKEN.
- Ensure to print out your Photocard on this portal once application get approval.
- Watch Out For The Official Shortlist, Ensure to login to track your application status on this portal.
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Important Notice
- There will be no Pre-Selection Computer Based Test to be conducted on candidates
- No special centre for recruitment
- There will be no CBAT Exercise
- All screening of potential recruits will be done at the candidates respective state of origin
- Any candidate who failed or forged his or her results and discovered even during training at the Nigeria Immigration Service training camp would be withdrawn & hand over to the nigerian police for prosecution.
- Candidates are advised in their interest not to give any form of gratification or inducement to any person or group of persons to assist them in the recruitment exercise
- Shortlisted candidates will be published on this portal & be scheduled for screening
- Shortlisted candidates are to report to their respective states of origin for the screening exercise on Tue, 20/06/23
- Successful candidates would be transported(FG’s provission sorted by state) to the Nigeria Immigration Service training school for documentations and to commence training activities for a six month(6) camp-life(See your mailbox for details).
- On completion of training, all successful recruits to be commissioned into the service & get prepared for induction into the North East Theatre of operations(12 Weeks intensive training on frieght Management & Human Trafficking included).
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Application Deadline
19th June 2023
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment FAQs
Q: When is the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment for 2023 taking place?
A: The recruitment exercise for the Nigeria Immigration Service is currently ongoing. Please visit the official NIS website or check reputable sources for updates on the specific dates and deadlines.
When is the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment screening exercise taking place?
Shortlisted candidates are to report to their respective states of origin for the screening exercise on Tue, 20/06/23
Q: Who is eligible to apply for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment?
A: The recruitment is open to all eligible Nigerian citizens who meet the specified criteria, including age limits, physical and mental fitness, educational qualifications, and good character.
Q: Can I apply if I am a serving military or paramilitary personnel?
A: Yes, serving military or paramilitary personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions can be considered for the recruitment.
Q: What are the general requirements for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment?
A: The general requirements include Nigerian citizenship by birth or descent, age between 18 and 35 years, specified height and chest measurements, physical and mental fitness certified by a Government Medical Officer, good character, and freedom from any form of financial embarrassment.
Q: Are there any medical conditions that could disqualify me from applying?
A: Yes, candidates with medical conditions such as sight problems, hearing difficulties, previous major orthopedic operations, flat foot, stammering, or any other natural disability are advised not to apply. Pregnant women are also ineligible to apply.
Q: What are the academic qualifications needed for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment?
A: Applicants must have a West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with at least three credits, including English, and passes in two other subjects. Alternatively, they can possess a National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four subjects obtained at one sitting or five subjects obtained at two sittings, including English Language. Additional qualifications such as a National Diploma (ND), National Certificate of Education (NCE), or General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) are also accepted.
Q: How can I apply for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment?
A: To apply, visit the official NIS website at www.nisportal.ng, navigate to the recruitment or careers section, fill out the application form accurately, upload the required documents, cross-check your application, and submit it through the online portal.
Q: Where can I find updates and information about the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment?
A: Stay updated by regularly visiting the official NIS website, checking reputable sources, and following the official social media channels of the Nigeria Immigration Service. These platforms will provide you with the latest information, updates, and announcements regarding the recruitment process.
Q: Can I apply for multiple positions within the Nigeria Immigration Service?
A: Yes, you can apply for multiple positions that match your qualifications and interests. However, ensure that you meet the specific requirements for each position you are applying for.
Q: What happens after I submit my application?
A: After submitting your application, the Nigeria Immigration Service will review all applications and shortlist candidates for further stages of the recruitment process, which may include aptitude tests, interviews, and medical examinations. Successful candidates will be contacted through the contact details provided during the application process.