Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment– The Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course is highly anticipated, and this blog post aims to provide valuable information regarding the upcoming recruitment process. The date for the release of the application form has been announced, we will guide you through the requirements and preparations needed for a successful application. Read on to stay informed and be ready for the Nigerian Army through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course.
Is the Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course Form Out?
YES, the application form for the Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2024 is available as at the time of writing this article. However, it is expected to commence shortly as the release date has been announced. It is crucial to stay updated and regularly visit the Nigerian Army recruitment portal as that’s where the application form will be made accessible once released.
Nigerian Army DSSC Corp & Services
Candidates will be recruited to fill the following departments;
- Nigerian Army Engineers
- Nigerian Army Signals
- Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps
- Nigerian Army Corps of Supply and Transport
- Nigerian Army Medical Corps
- Medical Consultants of Various Disciplines
- Medical Doctors (Non-Consultants)
- Professionals Allied to Medicine
- Nigerian Army Ordnance Corps
- Nigerian Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
- Nigerian Army Corps of Military Police
- Nigerian Army Education Corps
- Nigerian Army Finance Corps
- Nigerian Army Band Corps
- Directorate of Army Public Relations
- Directorate of Legal Service.
- Directorate of Army Physical Training
- Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic)
- Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant)
- Directorate of Islamic Affairs
Understanding the Nigerian Army Application Process
To ensure a smooth Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) application process, it is essential to familiarize yourself with the Nigerian Army recruitment process. The recruitment procedure typically consists of several stages, including application, shortlisting, screening, and training/employment. Stay prepared and gather all necessary documents and information required for the application.
Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Requirements
Interested candidates are to satisfy the following requirements/conditions;
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years. Medical consultants could be between 25 – 40 years of age by April 2024.
- Be medically, mentally, and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who are either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Applicants must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure in height at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and endorsed by the applicant’s Commanding Officer/Commander.
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND (where applicable) of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of learning.
- Possess a valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital, or Local Government Council or a valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must possess an NYSC discharge certificate or valid exemption certificate as appropriate.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulating bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only Post-secondary academic credentials obtained from 2014 to date will be considered.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parents/guardians and Next of Kin as appropriate.
- Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to Post-secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendation by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of Service sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years.
- Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
- Candidates with the ability to swim will have an added advantage.
How To Apply For Nigerian Army DSSC Rercruitment
Applications can be submitted online free of charge from January 19, 2024, to February 23, 2024.
- Visit the Nigerian Army recruitment webpage at recruitment.army.mil.ng and select the DSSC option.
- You’ll be redirected to the page outlining the qualification criteria for the ongoing DSSC courses.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button for the DSSC corresponding to your qualification and Corps of choice.
- At the prompt, indicate whether you are serving or have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Choose the appropriate option and proceed.
- If you don’t have an account, click on “Sign Up” (a verification will be sent to your email) or log in if you already have an account.
- Fill out the form and ensure all required documents are uploaded:
- Passport photograph.
- Evidence of membership in any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
- NIN/BVN (National Identification Number/Bank Verification Number).
Upon completing the online application, applicants are required to print out their photo-slip. The first page of the photo-slip must bear the signature of the Registrar of any Court of Law, while the second page should be signed by the applicant’s Local Government Chairman/Secretary or a military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above, who must also hail from the applicant’s state of origin.
Successful applicants will then undergo a written examination at designated examination centers. During this phase, candidates are expected to present their printed application forms, including the photo-slips, guarantors form, attestation form, etc., at the Examination Centres. Subsequently, these documents will be presented to the Selection Board during the interview process.
Army DSSC Application Deadline
23 February 2024