WAEC Form – The registration portal for the 2023/2024 academic year’s WAEC (West African Examination Council) is currently open and will close soon. The registration period for the 2023-2024 academic year has commenced, and interested candidates should complete their registration before the deadline this month.
This article serves as a comprehensive resource and guide for candidates seeking information about the WAEC registration fee, registration requirements, registration deadline, exam timetable, exam dates, syllabus, and other relevant details.
WAEC SSCE Registration Requirements
Before purchasing the WAEC form, candidates should take note of the following requirements:
- Phone number
- Email address, preferably a Google mail address
- Passport photographs
WAEC Registration Process
The WASSCE (West African Senior School Certificate Examination) registration process will be conducted fully online for both schools and private applicants. Candidates can visit www.waecnigeria.org to register after obtaining the Registration PIN.
It is important to note that the registration process incorporates biometric features for testing center validation.
The Council regularly updates national publications with information on entry deadlines and procedures. The WASSCE is conducted twice a year, in May/June for school applicants and in October/November for private candidates.
Both the May/June WASSCE and the November/December WASSCE require online registration. The May/June exam is for school candidates, and the schools are responsible for handling all entry procedures.
A prospective candidate purchases an entrance scratch card, which enables them to complete the entry form on the Council’s registration website, www.waeconline.org.ng.
After registration, a candidate can print the identification photo card from the website, which contains important details such as the candidate’s name, address, center number, subjects entered, etc.
The website also provides access to the exam schedule and topic syllabuses.
Candidates are required to obtain a payment receipt and PIN after paying the authorized fee to the designated selling agency.
Registration Requirements for WAEC in 2023
- Ensure that you have your National Identity Number (NIN) ready. If you haven’t obtained one yet, visit a nearby NIMC registration center.
- Use your Registration PIN to register at registration.waecdirect.org after obtaining it.
- Complete your registration within the registration period, which is two weeks after your initial visit to the website.
- Verify your subjects, names, genders, passport photographs, and dates of birth.
- Print your WAEC Picture Cards, which serve as proof of successful registration and identification during the exam. The Picture Card contains the PIN for the Result Checker.
- Only use a digital personal scanner for fingerprint registration.
All these steps must be completed at the school where you intend to take the exam if you are registering for WAEC as a school candidate (SS3 students). Public candidates should follow a similar process at their respective centers.
Payment of the WAEC 2023 Registration Fee
Before proceeding with the WAEC test registration, candidates must first pay the registration fee.
To obtain the Registration PIN and Information DVD, candidates need to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand Naira (N18,000) at designated banks or authorized agents, including First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Sterling Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc, Access Bank Plc, and more.
NABTEB Form – NABTEB Registration, Exam Date & Examination Conditions
Babcock University Student Portal – babcock.edu.ng
Chrisland University Student Portal Login For New & Returning Students
NABTEB Result Checker 2023 – How to Check NABTEB Result Online/SMS
WAEC Form Requirements for Taking the WASSCE Examination
Candidates must register for a minimum of eight (8) and a maximum of nine (9) subjects to sit for the examination.
Compulsory subjects include English, Mathematics, at least one Nigerian language, at least one of physics, chemistry, or biology, and at least one of English Literature, History, or Geography. Candidates must also take at least one vocational course or Agricultural Science.
Candidates can choose three additional subjects from a range of options such as Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Woodwork, Music, etc.
Registration for Walk-in Candidates
Students who wish to register for the test after the deadline may be allowed to do so as “Walk-in Candidates” if they register at least 24 hours before the scheduled time of the paper(s) they intend to write. The cost for Walk-in Candidates is Thirty Thousand Five Hundred Naira (#30,500.00).
Registration of Candidates with Special Requirements
Applicants with special needs will register online in the same manner as regular candidates. They will need to provide detailed information about their disability, such as blindness, poor vision, spasticity, speech impediment, etc.
Additional Information for WAEC Form 2023
Potential WAEC candidates should be aware of the following information:
- Candidates must watch the Information DVD before registering for the exam.
- Applicants should be aware that they must register.
- The entry must include passport-size photos of sufficient quality, and “wait and see” photos are not allowed. The background of the photos should not be blue or red, and they must have a resolution of 275 by 314 pixels. Inappropriately posed passport photos may lead to disqualification.
- Candidates should familiarize themselves with the WAEC Rules, Syllabuses, and Exam Schedule, which they can access by entering their Registration PIN on the WAEC website (waeconline.org.ng).
- Exams must be taken in mufti (casual clothing) and without weapons. Wearing any form of professional uniform is not permitted in the examination hall.
- The results of candidates who take the examination at multiple centers will be invalidated.
- Candidates are strictly prohibited from bringing cell phones or other electronic devices to the exam location. Possession of such devices will result in the nullification of the candidate’s entire exam results.
- Candidates must double-check their entries for accuracy, as the Council will not be responsible for any errors. Requests for correction of information will not be considered once the examination has commenced.
- Candidates must bring their authentic Photo Cards to the examination hall.
- Candidates found engaging in exam malpractice will have their scores canceled and may face legal consequences.
This concludes the information for WAEC Registration 2023. We hope this post has been helpful. Feel free to visit this site regularly for more detailed information regarding your educational pursuits. Thank you.