NAF Recruitment – For those interested in participating in the upcoming Nigerian Air Force (NAF) 2023/2024 recruitment exercise, we have provided the following guidelines regarding the application process. Please note that the NAF recruitment application form has not yet been released or made available online. However, it is important to familiarize yourself with the information provided here in preparation for the recruitment exercise.
We want to emphasize that the Nigerian Air Force recruitment application form is absolutely free of charge. Be cautious of websites that claim to be NAF portals and charge fees. Instead, pay close attention to the information outlined here to understand the requirements for applying in the next recruitment exercise and to increase your chances of making the shortlist.
- NAICOM Recruitment Application Form Portal 2023 | Latest Update
- NAERLS Recruitment Application Form Portal 2023 | Latest Update
- FJSC Recruitment Application Form Portal 2023 | Latest Update
- NIOMR Recruitment Application Form Portal 2023 | Latest Update
NAF Recruitment Categories
There are 3 recruitment categories in the Nigerian Airforce. A full understanding of these categories will go along way in helping you through the application procedure. The available categories include;
NAF Regular Combatant
The Regular Combatant Commision is a 5 year intensive military training at the Nigerian Defence Academy. This type of commission is opened to young Nigerians within 17 years old and not more than 21 years old at the time of entry into the Academy. The training involves 4 years of both academic and military training and one year of dedicated military training, which will lead to the award of a Bachelor Degree and a presidential commission to the rank of Second Lieutenant in the Nigerian Army (NA), Midship Man in the Nigerian Navy (NN) and Flying Officer in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF). Until 2011, this course used to be exclusively for males. The first set of females commenced training in September 2011.
Direct Short Service Commission
The Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is a type of commission in the NAF which is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. The Course provides the avenue for the enlistment of degree holders who are professionals in specified fields. Training period for this type of commission is usually 6 months of intensive military training and successful candidates are commissioned into the rank of Flying Officer.
Basic Military Training Course
The Basic Military Training Course is a Short Period Training for the Airmen and Airwomen, not normally more than 6 months of training. It is mainly for those who possess Secondary School Certificate, National Diploma certificate, NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE or City & Guild Certificate and Trade Test Certificate. The BMTC is comprised of Non-Tradesmen/Women with age limit between 18 and 22, and Tradesmen/Women with age limit between 18 and 25.
NAF Recruitment Eligibility
The requirement needed depends on the category of recruitment that is being done. During the BMTC Recruitment, the requirements required would be higher than the ones needed for the DSSC Recruitment. Below is the summary of requirements applicants must possess to be eligible for the next recruitment exercise:
- Nationality: Applicant must be a Nigerian by birth with a means of identification to prove this.
- Age Requirements: All applicants must be at least 18 before applying and almost 22 years especially for the BMTC Recruitment exercise. The only exception to this age is for Medical Consultants[25-40 years] and Chaplains/Imams[20 – 32years].
- Height Requirements: The minimum age for male applicants is 1.65m while the minimum age for female applicants is 1.63m.
- Qualifications Needed: Applicants are expected to possess a Second Class Upper Division for holders of the First Degree and Upper Credit for HND holders.
- O’level Result: Possession of an Olevel result with a minimum of at least 5 credits in relevant subjects(including English and Mathematics) is very vital or important.
- Medical Fitness: Applicants must be medically fit before applying
- Local Government Area Attestation Form
- Relationship Status: Before applying, applicants are expected to be single. Pregnant women are prohibited from applying.[Note this is for the BMTC applicants]
- For BMTC Applicants alone: After applying, you would be expected to printout an acknowledgment slip, Attestation of Parent / Guardians Form, and Local Government Area Attestation Form
How to Apply for NAF Recruitment
To successfully submit an application for NAF recruitment 2023, follow these steps:
- Visit the official Nigerian Air Force recruitment portal at nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng
- Select the specific position you wish to apply for from the available options.
- Create an account on the recruitment portal by providing the required details.
- Log in to the portal using your newly created account credentials.
- Fill in all the necessary information accurately in the provided spaces. Pay close attention to details such as your name, date of birth, and other personal information to avoid mistakes.
- Upload scanned copies of your academic and professional credentials, including the guarantor’s form. The documents to be uploaded include;
- Your recent passport
- First School Leaving Certificate
- WASC/SSCE or NECO results
- Birth Certificate/Sworn Age Declaration
- LGA Identification
- Guarantors form.
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
- Professional certificates where applicable
- Degree Certificates
- Before submitting your application, proofread it carefully to ensure there are no errors or mistakes.
- Once you have reviewed your application, submit it through the portal.
- TETFUND Recruitment Application Form Portal 2023
- FRSC Recruitment Application Form Portal 2023 | Latest Update
- ARCN Recruitment Application Form Portal 2023 | Latest Update
- NVRI Recruitment Application Form Portal 2023 | Latest Update
- ICPC Recruitment Application Form Portal 2023 | Latest Update
Please note that attention to detail is crucial during this process, as mistakes in your name, date of birth, or other information can hinder your chances of success.
After successfully submitting your application, it is important to print out the acknowledgment slip or save it as a PDF. This slip will be required during the screening process.
Remember to keep a copy of all the uploaded documents for future reference. Good luck with your NAF recruitment application!
At the moment, the NAF Recruitment application form is not yet available. However, continue to monitor this page for updates on when the form will be released to the public. Stay tuned to this page to receive the most recent information about the recruitment. If you wish to stay updated on both the NAF BMTC and DSSC recruitment exercises, make sure to visit this article frequently as we will regularly update the page with new information.