Overview of York University, Toronto, Canada
York University International Student Scholarships – York University (YorkU or simply YU) is a public research University founded in 1959. It has since developed into one of Canada’s top institutions with over 300 undergraduate and graduate programs available through its 11 faculties. Some faculties include; the Schulich School of Business, the Lassonde School of Engineering, the Faculty of Education, and the Faculty of Health. The university is renowned for its effective research initiatives in fields like business, engineering, education, and health.
York University International Student Scholarship
For international candidates who wish to enroll in a full-time undergraduate program at York University, the university specifically offers the Global Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships and the International Entrance Scholarships of Distinction.
The host institution for the York University International Student Scholarships is York University, Canada.
Field of Study
The available fields of study for the York scholarship is any undergraduate degree program that begins in the Fall term under the following faculties:
- Performance & Design
- Environmental Studies
- Lassonde School of Engineering
- Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Science; or the Schulich School of Business
Number of Awards
President’s International Scholarship of Excellence: 20
Tentanda Via Award: 15
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: 2
To be eligible for the York University International Scholarships, applicant must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2023
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies (not applicable to Tentanda Via Award)
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Must upload one letter of recommendation or other supporting documents as applicable
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (My File), by 1 February 2023 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
- Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by 1 February 2023 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
To apply, applicants must complete the International Student Scholarship & Award Application form online.
A 9-digit York reference number is required, which applicants will receive within 5 business days of applying to York.
Applicants must submit their application to York by 15 January 2023 at the latest.
The deadline for applications is 1 February 2023.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- President’s International Scholarship of Excellence: $180,000 ($45,000 x 4 years)
- Tentanda Via Award: $120,000 ($30,000 x 4 years)
- Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: $80,000 ($20,000 x 4 years)
All scholarships above are renewable for three years of full-time undergraduate study, provided high academic standing is maintained in each academic year.
Scholarship Application Deadline
15 Jan/1 Feb 2023 (annual)