SOAS University of London African Scholarship
Students who wish to enroll in a degree program at SOAS University of London will get a £5,000 prize as a fee waiver. The following selection criteria will be used to award scholarships: academic merit with at least a 2:1 degree or its equivalent in another country, and A supportive statement of 500 words.
SOAS University Overview
SOAS University of London is a public research university and a part of the Federal University of London and is located in London, England. SOAS, which was established in 1916, is situated in the Bloomsbury neighborhood of London. One of the top universities in the world for studying Asia, Africa, and the Middle East is SOAS.
The best research and knowledge on current international concerns may be found at SOAS. Throughout their studies, our students discuss these topics with our professors.
SOAS is in a unique position to influence contemporary thinking about the difficulties in economics, politics, culture, security, and religion of the world.
SOAS University of London African Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify to apply for the SOAS University of London African Scholarship, interested applicants must meet the following criteria;
- Have applied for a Postgraduate taught (on-campus) degree for September (the scholarship selection panel will only be able to award a scholarship to those applicants who have received an offer by the 31st of May)
- Classified as an Overseas fee-paying student from Sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants from Libya, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, and Egypt should apply for the Middle East and North Africa Scholarship
- Applicants should have a minimum good second-class honors bachelor’s degree from a UK university, or international equivalent, in a subject appropriate to that of the program to be followed.
- Suppose an applicant does not have a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field. In that case, they may be required to complete a qualifying year or a one-year diploma before entering the Master’s program.
- Have a minimum UK upper second-class (2:1) or international equivalent. Check full entry requirements here.
- Have a sufficient standard of English to study effectively and submit evidence of their current level of English proficiency
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
- Undergraduate Scholarship for International students in the U.S. 2023
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 | Eligibility & Application
- Visa Application Requirements | See Details Here
- York University International Student Scholarships | Application Guide
- How to Write a Scholarship Essay With Example
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply for the International Postgraduate Scholarship via the online form.
Applicants are required to apply for admission before submitting a scholarship application. They can apply for Taught Masters programs through an online postgraduate application system.
Value of Award
£5,000 as fee waiver
31st of May 2023.
Notification of results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July 2023 if they have been offered a place to study at SOAS. The offer will specify the requirements that must be satisfied. By the end of July, if you haven’t heard from us, you should presume your application was declined.